Becoming a member is a special privilege. Unlike a bank, not everyone can join, but qualifying for membership at Credit Union of Ohio is relatively easy. If you work for a Select Employer Group or if you live, work, worship, or attend school in an eligible community, you can join. Once you're a member, you're always a member.
If you live, work, worship, or attend school in Franklin, Fairfield or Cuyahoga County, Ohio, you are eligible to become a member.
If you attend any school, including elementary through universities or trade schools, in Franklin, Fairfield or Cuyahoga County, Ohio, you are eligible to become a member.
If you are the child, grandchild, sibling, parent, spouse, grandparent, aunt/uncle, cousin, or stepfamily of a current member at Credit Union of Ohio, who is in good standing, you are also eligible to become a member.
Select Employer Groups
If you work for the following organizations, you are eligible to become a member:
- American Cancer Society - East Central Division
- AMP - American Municipal Power
- BMW Financial Services
- Columbus West Park Nursing & Rehab
- Disability Rights Ohio
- Kellogg's Company - Zanesville
- LifeSkills Centers
- Ohio Building Authority
- Ohio Deferred Compensation Program
- Ohio Police and Fireman's Pension & Disability Fund
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
- Ohio public colleges, universities, and community and technical colleges
- School Employees Retirement System
- State of Ohio (includes retirees)
- State Teachers Employees Retirement System
- Stewart Enterprises:
- Holly Memorial Gardens
- Newark Memorial Gardens
- Union Benefits Trust
- Whole Foods Stores Columbus
- Yaschco Systems, Inc.